We started out the Christmas season by attending Aubries dance recital. It was extra special because she was in the same class as Sophie and Capri was taking lessons from the same dance company.
It was a special night.
What would the Christmas season be like without going to see
beautiful Christmas lights and visit Santa and his reindeer.
The two snow angels. They are always mistaken for as twin sisters (which I might add - they love) it also doesn't help that their Moms go shopping together and buy them the same clothing!
Christmas Eve night
Caleb on Christmas morning
Aubrie on Christmas morning
The biggest hit was his Nerf bow and arrow.
Her favorite gift was her American Girl Doll bed and bedding
(which by the way I made - but she doesn't know that - she still believes)
All dressed up to attend church - we all loved attending church on Christmas day and wish it was that way every year. This was the best Christmas season for me. I felt the spirit of Christmas all month long and was blessed to be able to serve many people. I was struggling with finding the spirit of Christ in the beginning of the season and prayed for opportunities to serve those in need. I was lead by the spirit on many occasions. One that I never want to forget is while I was visiting Aubries classroom for some reason I can no longer remember. I witnessed this sweet child struggling with the task of writing down what her Christmas wish would be. The rest of the students had finished and everyone was waiting for her to finish so they could move on. Her teacher then knelt down to see if she could help and this little girl began to cry and state that her one wish would be to have a pretty dress. Her teacher looked at me with tears in her eyes and I promised her she would have a dress by the end of the school day. I left the school and needed to run to the post office first. While I was in line my girlfriend called and I began to share with her what had happened in Aubries class - not paying attention to who might be listening. There happened to be and older gentleman in line in front of me and he turned to me with tears streaming down his face and handed me a $50 bill and said "Make it a really special dress!" By that point I'm sobbing, the cashier is sobbing and the person behind me is teary eyed. That sweet little girl got one special dress, fancy shoes, a purse, a necklace and braclet. Her teacher wrapped it up and delivered it Christmas Eve night. I hope it was everything she wished for.
This was indeed a great Christmas Season - we are very blessed!
















No comments:
Post a Comment