Another wonderful summer comes to an end and a new school year begins! It is hard to believe that I have a 3rd grader and 1st grader. Yes - I'm home alone for the majority of the day, and it took a good two weeks to find my barrings. I seriously walked around in circles, couldn't form a full sentence,and was completely lost! I cried everyday for a week along with Aubrie as we parted for the day. Caleb did amazingly and has not suffered from separation anxiety once!
They both are thrilled with their new teachers and
adore them full heartedly,
which makes it easier to say goodbye in the mornings.
Both of their teachers roped me into being art Mom -
at first I felt inadequate and petrified
but now it is the highlight of my week and I look forward to
Mondays and Fridays. A major plus is the kids love having me teach!
This will be a great school year.
Brittany thanks for your post we miss all of you too! Reading your post about you missing your little Aubri makes me feel a little bit better about my mommy withdrawals. Good thing Lyric has so many blogs so I can keep up with all the Idaho happenings! Take Care! I bet you are an amazing art teacher.
ReplyDeleteI LOVE your kids!! I was just looking back at your McCall, and stealing your pictures from it, and I got a wave of nostalgia. I totally love summer and I miss hanging out with you guys almost everyday!
ReplyDelete