Thursday, July 28, 2011

Running in the rain

Not to long ago we were headed out to swim lessons and we had a sudden down pour. My kids and I were geared up for some fun in the pool with rain but their teacher called and requested that we cancel swim lessons. Bummer! But the kids had fun running around in the front yard getting soaked. It reminded me of my Mother and how much she loved the rain. While growing up anytime it rained she would want all of us to go outside and run in the rain and then we would come in and open all the windows and let the smell of rain fill the house. I find myself doing the exact same thing. Crazy the little things we take from our childhood and do with our children. I hope these little things get passed down generations.


No comments:

Post a Comment